Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board (OWEB) District Capacity Grant
- Umpqua Soil & Water Conservation District receives funding through a capacity grant similar to those obtained by Watershed Councils.
- This capacity grant provides funding for the SWCD to work with landowners to conserve natural resources and lend support to the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) Agriculture Water Quality Management Program (AgWQ).
- With this grant the SWCD is able to provide technical assistance to land managers/producers within the district for implementing Agriculture Management Practices to improve agriculture water quality in their daily farming/ranching operations, no matter how large or small the operation may be.
USDA Siuslaw Forest Service Cost Share Agreement Tsalila Watershed Youth Education Project
- Umpqua Soil & Water Conservation District receives funding through a cost share agreement with the Siuslaw Forest Service.
- The purpose of this agreement is to promote education, understanding and appreciation of local watersheds, and connection to the community through the Tsalila Watershed Youth Education Days and similar events.